Half Dome – Yosemite Musing
To request, trade or give permits, Click HERE.
FREE Half Dome Hike app <HERE>
Fire control efforts
* The fire is subsiding on the south side of the Merced. The focus is on the hills to the north.
* The Cedar Lodge has been evacuated and guests moved to the Yosemite View.
* Old El Portal area is at risk. Old El Portal and Yosemite West are in pre-evacuation state.
* All campgrounds in the area are evacuated.
* Burn is now 3600 acres
* Containment is at 15% – full estimated by Friday Sept 9.
* Local traffic MAY be permitted to travel along Hwy 140 by Monday.
* Fire trucks and large equipment are navigating over the one-way Bailey Bridges at the Ferguson Rockslide okay.
Open House August 31
August 31 is the next Yosemite monthly open house. Park staff will discuss the, and other ongoing planning efforts.
Presentations will begin at 2 pm and will last approximately 45 minutes. The presentations will feature: The Tioga Road Rehabilitation Plan, The Mariposa Grove Restoration Project, The Curry Village Rockfall Hazard Zone Structures Project and the White Wolf Lodge & Duplex Cabins Rehabilitation Plan. I bet they also talk about the Motor Fire.
Join from your desk via webex.com at 2 pm. The open house is from 1 to 4 pm in the Valley Visitor Center. FREE Park Entrance for attendees.
Unrelated thought worth quoting: “God has to nearly kill us sometimes, to teach us lessons.” – John Muir
*MrHalfDome™ – Rick Deutsch – www.HikeHalfDome.com